Microsoft Outlook 2010 Email Setup
This artical explains how to setup email using Microsoft Outlook 2010.
When using the example below, be sure to replace yourdomain.com with your actual domain name.
- Open Outlook 2010, click File and choose Account Settings
- Under the email tab click New
- Do not use the auto setup, choose Manually Configure, click Next
- Select Internet Email, click Next
- Fill out info in the Internet E-mail Settings popup:
- Your Name: anything you want
- E-mail Address: enter the full address (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Account Type: POP3 or IMAP
- Incoming mail server: mail.yourdomain.com
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): mail.yourdomain.com
- User Name: must be the full email address (email@example.com). NOTE: Sometimes this setting won't work until you replace the @ with a +
- Password: your password
- NOTE: Make sure "Require using Secure Password" is not checked
- Click the More Settings button then click Outgoing Server tab and check box "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication". Also make sure setting "Use the same settings as my incoming mail server" is used.
- Click the Advanced tab. Enter port number based on account type: Incoming mail port: 110 for POP3, 143 for IMAP, Outgoing mail port: 25 (If 25 does not work, try 26, as some ISPs block port 25). Note: For Comcast/Xfinity Internet customers, port 587 is available for use as ports 25 and 26 are blocked on their network. No SSL boxes should be checked*
- Click Next and finally Finish
Was this answer helpful?
Configuration Settings for Mac OS X Mail Client (Non-Secure)The following configuration settings...
Outlook / Eudora / Thunderbird / Mac / iPad / Phone Client SettingsConfiguration Settings for...
Newer Versions of iPhoneThe following configuration settings are appropriate for newer versions...
Create a New Email Account Open the Tools menu. Click Accounts....
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution